A series of micro-lectures (videos) for an overview of the relationships between the Earth's climate, the biosphere, and the lithosphere.
Climate Science Education Series
A collection of micro-lectures by Raghu Murtugudde, Professor, University of Maryland, USA
Developed by Science Media Center, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune, India
Students will learn about topics such as
- Plate tectonics, formation of mountains, climate and biological evolution
- Plant responses to changes in atmospheric CO2
- What determines the distribution of species on planet Earth?
- How humans are affecting climate, and how climate influences human evolution
Use this tool to help your students find answers to:
- Are humans changing climate to such an extent that species cannot adapt?
- How have the Himalayas influenced climate and affected vegetation?
- What is the impact of mean temperature on leaf morphology?
- How does climate change affect competition between C3 and C4 plants?
- How does human migration affect species distribution?
Encyclopedia Britannica, World Wildlife Fund, Quora, Smithsonian Mag, This Fish Info, NOAA, Amolife, LoveThisPic, Wikipedia, Simple Wikipedia, WikiMedia Commons, Nature, FreePNGImg, City University of Seattle)