Each Teaching Tool is typically a computer-based tool such as an interactive visualization, model/ simulator, video micro-lecture, or classroom/ laboratory/ field activity that can be used to teach a topic in the curriculum of a particular discipline with the help of a climate-related example.
A Tool can be used by educators in the classroom/laboratory or by students for independent learning.
These Teaching Tools
- have different levels of complexity,
- require access to a computer (in most cases),
- may be accessible as online or offline modules
- utilize global or local data (where relevant), and
- may be available in various languages
The Teaching Tools are categorized on the basis of Discipline, Type of Tools, Climate Topic, Grade Level, Region and Language.