A teaching module by the EarthLabs section of the Science Education Resources Center (SERC), Carleton College, titled ‘Climate and the Biosphere: Unit Overview’ that discusses the link between climate change and Earth’s biosphere. This resource can be used as an introduction to the topic by teachers interested in teaching about climate change and the role of the biosphere. This teaching module includes overview discussions and detailed classroom/laboratory activities on:
- Climate, Weather and Trees
- Climate and Earth’s Energy Balance
- Climatology Basics: What Factors Affect Climate?
- Climate and Life Patterns (Biomes)
- Extreme Weather
- Trees and Paleoclimate
- Future of the Forest: Climate Patterns and Life
Students will learn about the role of the biosphere in determining the climate of planet Earth. They will also learn how climate change impacts the biosphere.
Use this tool to help your students find answers to:
- How does climate change impact the biosphere?
- What is the role of the biosphere in determining the climate of planet Earth?
About the Tool
|Tool Name||Climate and the Biosphere: Unit Overview|
|Discipline||Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Biological Sciences|
|Topic(s) in Discipline||Climate Change Overview, Biosphere, Ecosystem, Biodiversity, Trees, Biomes|
|Climate Topic||Climate and the Biosphere|
|Type of tool||Teaching Module|
|Hosted at||EarthLabs section of the Science Education Resources Center (SERC), Carleton College|