A teaching module developed by Climateprediction.net on climate physics and climate models. The module for ‘A level Physics’ students includes introductory resources, exercises and worksheets on climate change models. The module consists of the following sections:
- Introducing climate prediction
- Climate modelling using Modellus
- Simple Climate Model
- The logistic equation
- Advanced Climate Model
- Science Behind the News Headlines
Students will be introduced to iterative modelling with spatial and temporal resolutions that can be used in Gas Laws and Thermal Physics. They will also learn about advanced logistic equations and how to apply them to the issue of climate change.
Use this tool to help your students find answers to:
- What is a simple energy balance model?
- How can logistic equations be used to predict climate and weather changes?
- Discuss, with example, how climate change science is portrayed in the media?
About the tool
|Tool Name||A level Physics|
|Topic(s) in Discipline||Climate Physics, Thermal Physics, Gas Law, Atmospheric Physics, Chaos Theory, Chaotic Systems, Climate Change Models, Logistic Equation, Greenhouse Gas Effect|
|Climate Topic||Planetary Energy Balance; Planetary Climate; Climate Variability Record|
|Type of tool||Teaching Module|
|Grade Level||High School, Undergraduate|
|Developed by||Climate Prediction|
|Hosted at||Climate Prediction Website|